.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

An Every Day Occurrence

As for me, I delight In the everyday Way, Among mist-wrapped vines And rocky caves. Here in the wilderness I am completely free, With my friends, The white clouds, Idling forever. There are roads, But they do not reach the world; Since I am mindless, Who can rouse my thoughts? On a bed of stone I sit, Alone in the night, While the round moon Climbs up Cold Mountain. - Han shan ( 8th century)

Thursday, October 07, 2004

It's getting hot in here.

It's so hot, I've got to take a day off.

The work environment has been just crazy these days. The shit is hitting the proverbial fan but the people who are on the hotseat aren't sweating it and the people who are fanning the flames, are getting burnt by their own creation.

You know the saying, play with fire...

I've really had to think alot about Freedom of Speech, what it means in general and what it means in the workplace. I don't know where I read it but I thought this fit perfectly in today's situation, "Your right to punch out into the air ends when your fist hits my face."

It doesn't matter whether I am for or against a cause but when I am at work, I don't need to see crap in the bathroom stall. I go there to get rid of it, not to have it shoved down my throat. I won't take it down but I won't stop someone else from doing it if I happen to be witness to it. Glad that I wasn't but 'just saying'. If someone feels they have a right to put something up, they should understand that people with an opposing view have just as much a right to express themselves by taking it down. That's my opinion and it pissed me off no end to have someone state that it most definitely had no validity. If they had said, that's your opinion and I-don't-agree-and-this-is-why is one thing but to try to change my mind by saying my thoughts are completely without merit or even worthy of some consideration just shows they think too much of themselves.

If you can't tell already, I am angry about this.

Even worse, is when someone is falsely telling someone else that they are being censored. I guess it's only censorship when it's your viewpoint that is being overridden. By that I mean, the very thing they were posting was a written piece that they had scribbled over. It must be hard to look in the mirror and find that your own reflection is mocking you.

Normally, I don't get involved with office drama of this sort but when someone comes up to me asking accusingly whether I was involved, I have a big f-ing problem with it. Ask me if I know about it but don't ask me if I did it. It bothers me when people are stupid enough to think that others don't read through the lines.

Soon, this will all boil over and it'll be just another day in paradise. In the meantime, I'll just weather the shower of idiocy and lunacy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home